I have been making spiralized noodles for a few years but just discovered a few days ago that they have a name, zoodles! These are an awesome way to incorporate more vegetables into any meal that normally uses noodles. I try to do as little gluten in my life as possible because it makes me extremely tired and sluggish.
“Due to its high water percentage, zucchini is low in calories, carbs and sugars, but high in essential nutrients like potassium, manganese, and antioxidants like vitamin C and vitamin A” (source).
Top these babies with spaghetti sauce or vegan alfredo sauce for a quick dinner.
Make fun noodles using a healthy alternative full of vitamins!
- 2 T olive oil or vegetable broth
- 5 zucchinis or yellow squash
- 1 t. garlic salt
- Pepper to taste
- Step 1 Using a spiralizer or vegetable peeler, make noodles out of the zucchini or yellow squash.
- Step 2 Add olive oil or vegetable broth to a frying pan and turn up the heat to medium high.
- Step 3 Stir the zoodles into the frying pan and sprinkle with garlic salt and pepper. Allow this to cook over medium heat for 5 to 10 minutes until desired consistency is reached.
- Step 4 Enjoy!